Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - April 28, 2015
- If all the rich people in the world divided up their money among themselves there wouldn't be enough to go around.
- Christina Stead (1903 - 1983), House of All Nations (1938) "Credo"
- A signature always reveals a man's character - and sometimes even his name.
- Evan Esar (1899 - 1995)
- Every person takes the limits of their own field of vision for the limits of the world.
- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788 - 1860)
- I think that one possible definition of our modern culture is that it is one in which nine-tenths of our intellectuals can't read any poetry.
- Randall Jarrell (1914 - 1965)
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.