Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - March 23, 2017
- Defining and analyzing humor is a pastime of humorless people.
- Robert Benchley (1889 - 1945)
- Education is what survives when what has been learned has been forgotten.
- B. F. Skinner (1904 - 1990), New Scientist, May 21, 1964
- The only thing that's been a worse flop than the organization of non-violence has been the organization of violence.
- Joan Baez (1941 - )
- The denunciation of the young is a necessary part of the hygiene of older people, and greatly assists in the circulation of their blood.
- Logan Pearsall Smith (1865 - 1946), Afterthoughts (1931) "Age and Death"
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.