Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - January 24, 2017
- I'm seventeen and I'm crazy. My uncle says the two always go together. When people ask your age, he said, always say seventeen and insane.
- Ray Bradbury (1920 - ), Fahrenheit 451, 1953
- Silence propagates itself, and the longer talk has been suspended, the more difficult it is to find anything to say.
- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)
- Football is a mistake. It combines the two worst elements of American life. Violence and committee meetings.
- George F. Will (1941 - )
- It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.