Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - August 26, 2016
- Opera is when a guy gets stabbed in the back and, instead of bleeding, he sings.
- Ed Gardner
- Now, in reality, the world have paid too great a compliment to critics, and have imagined them to be men of much greater profundity than they really are.
- Henry Fielding (1707 - 1754)
- Early to rise and early to bed makes a male healthy and wealthy and dead.
- James Thurber (1894 - 1961), New Yorker, Feb. 18, 1939 "The Shrike and the Chipmunks"
- Illegitimacy is something we should talk about in terms of not having it.
- Dan Quayle (1947 - ), 5/20/92 (reported in Esquire, 8/92)
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.