Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - October 25, 2016
- New York now leads the world's great cities in the number of people around whom you shouldn't make a sudden move.
- David Letterman (1947 - )
- My reason, the physician to my love, angry that his prescriptions are not kept, hath left me.
- William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616), Sonnet CXLVII
- The sad truth is that excellence makes people nervous.
- Shana Alexander
- The denunciation of the young is a necessary part of the hygiene of older people, and greatly assists in the circulation of their blood.
- Logan Pearsall Smith (1865 - 1946), Afterthoughts (1931) "Age and Death"
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.