Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - October 19, 2019
- I am determined that my children shall be brought up in their father's religion, if they can find out what it is.
- Charles Lamb (1775 - 1834)
- I don't think anyone should write their autobiography until after they're dead.
- Samuel Goldwyn (1882 - 1974)
- Absolute faith corrupts as absolutely as absolute power.
- Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)
- We Americans live in a nation where the medical-care system is second to none in the world, unless you count maybe 25 or 30 little scuzzball countries like Scotland that we could vaporize in seconds if we felt like it.
- Dave Barry (1947 - )
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.