Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - September 19, 2019
- Life is pain, anyone who says differently is selling something.
- William Goldman, The Princess Bride
- Another possible source of guidance for teenagers is television, but television's message has always been that the need for truth, wisdom and world peace pales by comparison with the need for a toothpaste that offers whiter teeth *and* fresher breath.
- Dave Barry (1947 - ), "Kids Today: They Don't Know Dum Diddly Do"
- The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people.
- G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)
- Sure I'm for helping the elderly. I'm going to be old myself some day.
- Lillian Carter, in her 80s
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.