Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - August 17, 2018
- You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
- Michael Pritchard
- So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause.
- George Lucas (1944 - ), Senator Amidala in Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005)
- Stuffed deer heads on walls are bad enough, but it's worse when they are wearing dark glasses and have streamers in their antlers because then you know they were enjoying themselves at a party when they were shot.
- Ellen DeGeneres
- Whenever you hear the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet, because you're being had.
- Michael Crichton (1942 - 2008), Caltech Michelin Lecture, January 17, 2003
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.