Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - September 24, 2021
- Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it.
- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)
- Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual.
- Terry Pratchett
- Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.
- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)
- I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.
- Jerome K. Jerome (1859 - 1927), "Three Men in a Boat", 1889
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.