Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - March 28, 2015
- All of the books in the world contain no more information than is broadcast as video in a single large American city in a single year. Not all bits have equal value.
- Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996)
- Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen.
- Martin Mull (1943 - )
- An onion can make people cry, but there has never been a vegetable invented to make them laugh.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)
- The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I found it!) but 'That's funny ...'
- Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.