Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - December 18, 2014
- If mankind minus one were of one opinion, then mankind is no more justified in silencing the one than the one - if he had the power - would be justified in silencing mankind.
- John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)
- The trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.
- C. S. Lewis (1898 - 1963)
- Ah! Memory impairment: the free prize at the bottom of every vodka bottle!
- Chuck Lorre, Steven Molaro and Eric Kaplan, Big Bang Theory, The Agreement Dissection, 2011
- Life is something that everyone should try at least once.
- Henry J. Tillman
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.