Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - October 24, 2016
- To die for an idea; it is unquestionably noble. But how much nobler it would be if men died for ideas that were true!
- H. L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
- Very little is known of the Canadian country since it is rarely visited by anyone but the Queen and illiterate sport fishermen.
- P. J. O'Rourke (1947 - )
- If the human mind was simple enough to understand, we'd be too simple to understand it.
- Emerson Pugh
- Ninety-eight percent of the adults in this country are decent, hard-working, honest Americans. It's the other lousy two percent that get all the publicity. But then--we elected them.
- Lily Tomlin (1939 - )
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.