Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - July 23, 2016
- It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
- Alfred Adler (1870 - 1937)
- Some for renown, on scraps of learning dote,
And think they grow immortal as they quote.
- Edward Young (1683 - 1765), Love of Fame (satire I, l. 89)
- My mother used to say that there are no strangers, only friends you haven't met yet. She's now in a maximum security twilight home in Australia.
- Dame Edna Everage (1934 - )
- CNN is one of the participants in the war. I have a fantasy where Ted Turner is elected president but refuses because he doesn't want to give up power.
- Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - )
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.