Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - October 24, 2021
- It is of interest to note that while some dolphins are reported to have learned English -- up to fifty words used in correct context -- no human being has been reported to have learned dolphinese.
- Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996)
- People who reach the top of the tree are only those who haven't got the qualifications to detain them at the bottom.
- Peter Ustinov (1921 - 2004)
- I'm a jerk to everyone. Best way to protect yourself from lawsuits.
- David Hoselton, House M.D., Guardian Angels, 2007
- I envy people who drink. At least they have something to blame everything on.
- Oscar Levant (1906 - 1972)
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.