Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - July 1, 2016
- The nation behaves well if it treats the natural resources as assets which it must turn over to the next generation increased, and not impaired, in value.
- Theodore Roosevelt (1858 - 1919), Speech before the Colorado Live Stock Association, Denver, Colorado, August 19, 1910
- I have just returned from Boston. It is the only sane thing to do if you find yourself up there.
- Fred Allen (1894 - 1956), in a letter to Groucho Marx, 1953
- The absence of alternatives clears the mind marvelously.
- Henry Kissinger (1923 - )
- All charming people have something to conceal, usually their total dependence on the appreciation of others.
- Cyril Connolly (1903 - 1974), Enemies of Promise (1938)
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.