Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - August 27, 2014
- There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
- John Ruskin (1819 - 1900), (attributed)
- The prime purpose of eloquence is to keep other people from talking.
- Louis Vermeil
- My marriage had its ups and downs like anyone's, but when it came down to it, I knew it was solid. I miss that sort of security, and that sort of connection with someone.
- John Scalzi, Old Man's War, 2005
- Never face facts; if you do, you'll never get up in the morning.
- Marlo Thomas
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.