Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
The following quotations were randomly selected from the collections selected below .
- Americans are overreachers; overreaching is the most admirable of the many American excesses.
- George F. Will (1941 - ), Statecraft as Soulcraft
- A man can stand anything except a succession of ordinary days.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832)
- Look at what your idea of success would be. The more that you take in external motivators, the more it reduces your ultimate satisfaction because it doesn't come from inside.
- Chris Messina, Cashing In or Selling Out, SXSW 2006
- Grasp the subject, the words will follow.
- Cato the Elder (234 BC - 149 BC)
- You may delay, but time will not.
- Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)
- What children take from us, they give…We become people who feel more deeply, question more deeply, hurt more deeply, and love more deeply.
- Sonia Taitz, O Magazine, May 2003
- You know, I think that if parents would spend less time worrying about what their kids watch on TV and more time worrying about what's going on in their kids' lives, this world would be a much better place.
- Trey Parker and Matt Stone, South Park, Death, 1997
- Anger is a signal, and one worth listening to.
- Harriet Lerner, The Dance of Anger, 1985
- I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice.
- Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865), speech in Washington D.C., 1865
- Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night.
- Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982), What The Dead Men Say, 1964
- The covers of this book are too far apart.
- Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914), The Devil's Dictionary
- I like the night. Without the dark, we'd never see the stars.
- Stephenie Meyer, Twilight, 2005
- Is there life before death?
- Graffito, in Belfast
- When a man is wrapped up in himself, he makes a pretty small package.
- John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)
- A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.
- Bob Hope (1903 - 2003)
- If you haven't forgiven yourself something, how can you forgive others?
- Dolores Huerta
- There are two ways to pass a hurdle: leaping over or plowing through... There needs to be a monster truck option.
- Jeph Jacques, Questionable Content #1356, 03-10-09
- Public speaking is the art of diluting a two-minute idea with a two-hour vocabulary.
- Evan Esar (1899 - 1995)
- Self-development is a higher duty than self-sacrifice.
- Elizabeth Cady Stanton (1815 - 1902)
- I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars.
- Og Mandino (1923 - 1996)