Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
The following quotations were randomly selected from the collections selected below .
- I would not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum.
- Frances Willard (1839 - 1898)
- Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.
- Lucille Ball (1911 - 1989)
- In a few minutes a computer can make a mistake so great that it would have taken many men many months to equal it.
- Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.
- Steven Wright (1955 - )
- By constant self-discipline and self-control you can develop greatness of character.
- Grenville Kleiser
- Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
- Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)
- I shall never be ashamed of citing a bad author if the line is good.
- Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)
- More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
- Woody Allen (1935 - ), My Speech to the Graduates
- Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason it was put up.
- G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)
- Prefer loss to the wealth of dishonest gain; the former vexes you for a time; the latter will bring you lasting remorse.
- Dwelling on the negative simply contributes to its power.
- Shirley MacLaine (1934 - )
- Speak what you think today in hard words and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said today.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882), "Self-Reliance", 1841
- If it were done, when 'tis done, then 'twere well it were done quickly.
- William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616), Macbeth, Act I, sc. 7
- As for me, except for an occasional heart attack, I feel as young as I ever did.
- Robert Benchley (1889 - 1945)
- In the beginning there was nothing. God said, 'Let there be light!' And there was light. There was still nothing, but you could see it a whole lot better.
- Ellen DeGeneres, (attributed)
- Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined.
- Johnny Carson (1925 - 2005)
- Slap a mask on a drunk and you're going to have trouble. It's like having a live reenactment of anonymous forum comments.
- Randy K. Milholland, Something Positive, Masquerade, 09-09-13
- After the last of 16 mounting screws has been removed from an access cover, it will be discovered that the wrong access cover has been removed.
- De La Lastra's Law
- America is a country that doesn't know where it is going but is determined to set a speed record getting there.
- Laurence J. Peter (1919 - 1988)
- Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
- Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955), (attributed)