Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
The following quotations were randomly selected from the collections selected below .
- It is all very well, when the pen flows, but then there are the dark days when imagination deserts one, and it is an effort to put anything down on paper. That little you have achieved stares at you at the end of the day, and you know the next morning you will have to scrape it down and start again.
- Elizabeth Aston, The True Darcy Spirit, 2006
- Whoever gossips to you will gossip about you.
- Spanish Proverb
- Train yourself to let go of the things you fear to lose.
- George Lucas (1944 - ), Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- The more I give myself permission to live in the moment and enjoy it without feeling guilty or judgmental about any other time, the better I feel about the quality of my work.
- Wayne Dyer
- The man who says he is willing to meet you halfway is usually a poor judge of distance.
- Laurence J. Peter (1919 - 1988)
- You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake.
- Jeannette Rankin (1880 - 1973)
- Passion is the quickest to develop, and the quickest to fade. Intimacy develops more slowly, and commitment more gradually still.
- Robert Sternberg
- If you stay in Beverly Hills too long you become a Mercedes.
- Robert Redford (1937 - )
- Life is a moderately good play with a badly written third act.
- Truman Capote (1924 - 1984)
- Hindsight is always twenty-twenty.
- Billy Wilder (1906 - 2002)
- I was walking down the street wearing glasses when the prescription ran out.
- Steven Wright (1955 - )
- Seize the moment of excited curiosity on any subject to solve your doubts; for if you let it pass, the desire may never return, and you may remain in ignorance.
- William Wirt (1772 - 1834)
- Every time you suppress some part of yourself or allow others to play you small, you are in essence ignoring the owner's manual your creator gave you and destroying your design.
- Oprah Winfrey (1954 - ), O Magazine, February 2003
- Do not bite at the bait of pleasure till you know there is no hook beneath it.
- Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)
- Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
- James Thurber (1894 - 1961), New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
- The best time to plant an oak tree was twenty-five years ago. The second best time is today.
- James Carville
- Nobody, as long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life, is without trouble.
- Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)
- Adulthood isn't an award they'll give you for being a good child. You can waste... years, trying to get someone to give that respect to you, as though it were a sort of promotion or raise in pay. If only you do enough, if only you are good enough. No. You have to just... take it. Give it to yourself, I suppose. Say, I'm sorry you feel like that and walk away. But that's hard.
- Lois McMaster Bujold, A Civil Campaign, 1999
- The person who makes a success of living is the one who see his goal steadily and aims for it unswervingly. That is dedication.
- Cecil B. DeMille (1881 - 1959)
- We play the hands of cards life gives us. And the worst hands can make us the best players.
- Doc Searls, Doc Searls Weblog, 12-02-06