Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
The following quotations were randomly selected from the collections selected below .
- Everyone is necessarily the hero of his own life story.
- John Barth (1930 - )
- A good friend of my son's is a son to me.
- Lois McMaster Bujold, Ethan of Athos, 1986
- He who undervalues himself is justly undervalued by others.
- William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)
- One is obliged to do a great deal of kissing in my line of work: air kissing, [butt] kissing, kissing up, and of course actual kissing. Much like hookers, actors have to do it with people we may not like or even know.
- Meryl Streep (1949 - ), Barnard Commencement Speech, 2010
- There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do.
- Freya Madeline Stark
- I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect.
- George Carlin (1937 - 2008)
- Someday we'll look back on this moment and plow into a parked car.
- Evan Davis
- Everything happens to everybody sooner or later if there is time enough.
- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)
- I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body. Then I realized who was telling me this.
- Emo Phillips, Neuropsychology: Clinical and Experimental Foundations
- The price of greatness is responsibility.
- Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)
- Creativity is...seeing something that doesn't exist already. You need to find out how you can bring it into being and that way be a playmate with God.
- Michele Shea
- Take everything you like seriously, except yourselves.
- Rudyard Kipling (1865 - 1936)
- ALL things great are wound up with all things little.
- L. M. Montgomery (1874 - 1942), Anne of Green Gables, 1908
- Women and men have to fight together to change society - and both will benefit... Partnership, not dependence, is the real romance in marriage.
- Muriel Fox
- Do not think of knocking out another person's brains because he differs in opinion from you. It would be as rational to knock yourself on the head because you differ from yourself ten years ago.
- Horace Mann (1796 - 1859)
- Be kind - Remember every one you meet is fighting a battle - everybody's lonesome.
- Marion Parker
- When you're doing the work you're meant to do, it feels right and every day is a bonus, regardless of what you're getting paid.
- Oprah Winfrey (1954 - ), Stanford Commencement Adress, 2008
- The only good ideas are the ones I can take credit for.
- R. Stevens, Diesel Sweeties, 11-13-06
- Forgiveness is almost a selfish act because of its immense benefits to the one who forgives.
- Lawana Blackwell, The Dowry of Miss Lydia Clark, 1999
- It is the duty of every citizen according to his best capacities to give validity to his convictions in political affairs.
- Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955), 'Treasury for the Free World,' 1946