Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
The following quotations were randomly selected from the collections selected below .
- Enthusiasm is the great hill-climber.
- Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
- The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You don't blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the President. You realize that you control your own destiny.
- Albert Ellis
- Only two things you ignore: things that aren't important and things you wish weren't important, and wishing never works.
- David Shore, House M.D., Not Cancer, 2008
- Ancient Rome declined because it had a Senate; now what's going to happen to us with both a Senate and a House?
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)
- Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.
- Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), The Innocents Abroad
- Life is just a bowl of pits.
- Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004)
- Doing nothing is very hard to do ... you never know when you're finished.
- Leslie Nielsen (1926 - )
- Dealing with network executives is like being nibbled to death by ducks.
- Eric Sevareid
- I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change.
- Dan Quayle (1947 - ), 5/22/89
- Advice is very easy to give, and even easier not to follow, so I don't fool with it.
- Randy Pausch, Carnegie Mellon Commencement Speech, 2008
- Progress is a nice word. But change is its motivator and change has its enemies.
- Robert F. Kennedy (1925 - 1968)
- I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
- Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)
- No one can earn a million dollars honestly.
- William Jennings Bryan (1860 - 1925)
- Put yourself on view. This brings your talents to light.
- Baltasar Gracian
- You never can see into someone else's marriage.
- Sean Stewart, Perfect Circle, 2004
- One person can have a profound effect on another. And two people...well, two people can work miracles. They can change a whole town. They can change the world.
- Diane Frolov and Andrew Schneider, Northern Exposure, Cicely, 1992
- You give my regards to St. Peter, or whoever has his job, but in Hell.
- Joss Whedon, Zack Whedon, Maurissa Tancharoen, and Jed Whedon, Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog, 2008
- There is nothing like dream to create the future. Utopia to-day, flesh and blood tomorrow.
- Victor Hugo (1802 - 1885), Les Miserables, 1862
- If you canít take responsibility for your own well-being, you will never take control over it.
- Jennifer Hudson, I Got This: How I Changed My Ways and Lost What Weighed Me Down, 2012
- Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles.
- Charlie Chaplin (1889 - 1977)