Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - October 31, 2014
- No matter how advanced your camera you still need to be responsible for getting it to the right place at the right time and pointing it in the right direction to get the photo you want.
- Ken Rockwell, Your Camera Does Not Matter, 2005
- Art is the desire of a man to express himself, to record the reactions of his personality to the world he lives in.
- Amy Lowell (1874 - 1925)
- The worst sin - perhaps the only sin - passion can commit, is to be joyless.
- Dorothy L. Sayers (1893 - 1957), Gaudy Night
- Folks that has brought up children know that there's no hard and fast method in the world that'll suit every child. But them as never have think it's all as plain and easy as Rule of Three—just set your three terms down so fashion, and the sum'll work out correct.
- L. M. Montgomery (1874 - 1942), Anne of Green Gables, 1908
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.