Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - January 23, 2019
- She did not talk to people as if they were strange hard shells she had to crack open to get inside. She talked as if she were already in the shell. In their very shell.
- Marita Bonner
- All we actually have is our body and its muscles that allow us to be under our own power.
- Allegra Kent, Once a Dancer…
- Death is the enemy. I spent 10 years of my life singlemindedly studying, practicing, fighting hand to hand in close quarters to defeat the enemy, to send him back bloodied and humble and I am not going to roll over and surrender.
- Diane Frolov and Andrew Schneider, Northern Exposure, First Snow, 1993
- Disconnecting from change does not recapture the past. It loses the future.
- Kathleen Norris, O Magazine, January 2004
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.