Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - September 25, 2021
- If you wouldst live long, live well, for folly and wickedness shorten life.
- Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)
- I'd heard it all the time, 'Live in the moment.' But if I did that, I'd weigh more than a dump truck. Losing weight wasn't about the moment at all; it was about having faith in the future. It was about knowing there would be another meal in a few hours.
- Stephanie Klein, Moose, 2008
- Character is forged in the smallest of struggles. Then, when the big challenges come, we’re ready.
- Waiter Rant, Waiter Rant weblog, 12-30-05
- Be wiser than other people, if you can, but do not tell them so.
- Lord Chesterfield (1694 - 1773)
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.