Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - September 17, 2019
- Not the power to remember, but its very opposite, the power to forget, is a necessary condition for our existence.
- Sholem Asch (1880 - 1957)
- Do not be too moral. You may cheat yourself out of much life. Aim above morality. Be not simply good; be good for something.
- Henry David Thoreau (1817 - 1862)
- Good habits, which bring our lower passions and appetites under automatic control, leave our natures free to explore the larger experiences of life.
- Ralph W. Sockman
- What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step. It is always the same step, but you have to take it.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900 - 1944)
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.