Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - September 26, 2016
- Don't be discouraged by a failure. It can be a positive experience. Failure is, in a sense, the highway to success, inasmuch as every discovery of what is false leads us to seek earnestly after what is true, and every fresh experience points out some form of error which we shall afterwards carefully avoid.
- John Keats (1795 - 1821)
- But penance need not be paid in suffering...It can be paid in forward motion. Correcting the mistake is a positive move, a nurturing move.
- Barbara Hall, A Summons to New Orleans, 2000
- Nothing amuses me more than the easy manner with which everybody settles the abundance of those who have a great deal less than themselves.
- Jane Austen (1775 - 1817), Mansfield Park
- Never pretend to a love which you do not actually feel, for love is not ours to command.
- Alan Watts
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.