Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - August 23, 2019
- We are face to face with our destiny and we must meet it with high and resolute courage. For us is the life of action, of strenuous performance of duty; let us live in the harness, striving mightily; let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.
- Theodore Roosevelt (1858 - 1919), Address at the opening of the gubernatorial campaign, New York City, October 5, 1898
- I started concentrating so hard on my vision that I lost sight.
- Robin Green, Northern Exposure, Burning Down the House, 1992
- Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
- Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)
- When you have a dream you've got to grab it and never let go.
- Carol Burnett (1936 - )
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.