Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - July 28, 2014
- It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one.
- George Washington (1732 - 1799), letter to his niece Harriet Washington, October 30, 1791
- Obscurity is a good thing. You can fail in obscurity. It removes the fear of failure.
- Jason Fried, Keynote Speech, SXSW 2006
- How close the sexes sometimes come to one another. It is as much a matter of behaviour and the spere in which they move that separates the masculine part of humanity from the feminine.
- Elizabeth Aston, The Exploits & Adventures of Miss Alethea Darcy, 2005
- Anger as soon as fed is dead-
'Tis starving makes it fat.
- Emily Dickinson (1830 - 1886), Poems, Second Series, 1891
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.