Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - November 22, 2014
- There is always more misery among the lower classes than there is humanity in the higher.
- Victor Hugo (1802 - 1885), 'Les Miserables,' 1862
- This is something that I do consider to be good advice: I took my first paycheck and I put it in the goddamn bank. Then I took my second paycheck and put it in the goddamn bank. I had seen the roller coaster of my father's career - top of the world, then unemployed - and I never wanted to take a job because I needed money.
- Joss Whedon, Entertainment Weekly, 08-30-13
- My parents taught me how to listen to everybody before I made up my own mind. When you listen, you learn. You absorb like a sponge-and your life becomes so much better than when you are just trying to be listened to all the time.
- Steven Spielberg
- There is no trade or employment but the young man following it may become a hero.
- Walt Whitman (1819 - 1892)
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.