Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - April 20, 2021
- Preach not to others what they should eat, but eat as becomes you, and be silent.
- Epictetus (55 AD - 135 AD)
- All important persons have about them someone in a subordinate position who has their ear. These dependents are very susceptible to slights, and, when they are not treated as they think they should be, will by well-directed shafts, constantly repeated, poison the minds of their patrons against those who have provoked their animosity. It is well to keep in with them.
- W. Somerset Maugham (1874 - 1965), The Razor's Edge, 1943
- He who confers a favor should at once forget it, if he is not to show a sordid ungenerous spirit. To remind a man of a kindness conferred and to talk of it, is little different from reproach.
- Demosthenes (384 BC - 322 BC)
- Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation, for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
- George Washington (1732 - 1799)
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.