Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - October 26, 2014
- When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber.
- Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)
- We try to grab pieces of our lives as they speed past us. Photographs freeze those pieces and help us remember how we were. We don't know these lost people but if you look around, you'll find someone just like them.
- Gene McSweeney, Grey Water Photography, 06-04-2006
- We didn't think much in the air corps of a fellow who wangled a cushy job out of his C.O. by buttering him up. It was hard for me to believe that God thought much of a man who tried to wangle salvation by fulsome flattery. I should have thought the worship most pleasing to him was to do your best according to your lights.
- W. Somerset Maugham (1874 - 1965), The Razor's Edge, 1943
- Real success is finding your lifework in the work that you love.
- David McCullough (1933 - )
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.