Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - January 30, 2015
- It is better wither to be silent, or to say things of more value than silence. Sooner throw a pearl at hazard than an idle or useless word; and do not say a little in many words, but a great deal in a few.
- Pythagoras (582 BC - 507 BC)
- It's okay if you mess up. You should give yourself a break.
- Billy Joel (1949 - )
- Never lose sight of this important truth, that no one can be truly great until he has gained a knowledge of himself, a knowledge which can only be acquired by occasional retirement.
- Johann Georg von Zimmermann
- Do something every day that you don't want to do; this is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain.
- Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.