Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - August 26, 2016
- Perhaps the most important use of money - It saves time. Life is so short, and there's so much to do, one can't afford to waste a minute; and just think how much you waste, for instance, in walking from place to place instead of going by bus and in going by bus instead of by taxi.
- W. Somerset Maugham (1874 - 1965), The Razor's Edge, 1943
- When one can hear people moving, one does not so much mind, about one's fears.
- Ann Radcliffe (1764 - 1823), The Mysteries of Udolpho, 1764
- The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest.
- Thomas Moore (1779 - 1852)
- Good company and good discourse are the very sinews of virtue.
- Izaak Walton (1593 - 1683), The Compleat Angler, 1653
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.