Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - December 19, 2014
- To send a letter is a good way to go somewhere without moving anything but your heart.
- Phyllis Theroux, in House Beautiful Magazine
- The knowledge of the world is only to be acquired in the world, and not in a closet.
- Lord Chesterfield (1694 - 1773), Letters to His Son, 1746, published 1774
- Itís such a part of me, I assume Everyone can see it.
- Hugh Elliott, Standing Room Only weblog, 02-09-05
- Have you learned the lessons only of those who admired you, and were tender with you, and stood aside for you? Have you not learned great lessons from those who braced themselves against you, and disputed passage with you?
- Walt Whitman (1819 - 1892)
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.