Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - February 6, 2016
- Money is like a sixth sense without which you cannot make a complete use of the other five.
- W. Somerset Maugham (1874 - 1965), 'Of Human Bondage', 1915
- A man is too apt to forget that in this world he cannot have everything. A choice is all that is left him.
- H. Mathews
- One man may hit the mark, another blunder; but heed not these distinctions. Only from the alliance of the one, working with and through the other, are great things born.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900 - 1944)
- You clench your teeth. You look up. You tell yourself that if they see you cry, it will hurt them, and you will be nothing but A Sadness in their lives, and you must not become a mere sadness, so you will not cry, and you say all of this to yourself while looking up at the ceiling, and then you swallow even though your throat does not want to close and you look at the person who loves you and smile.
- John Green, The Fault in Our Stars, 2012
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.