Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - August 20, 2014
- External signs of wealth and success are often cheap storefronts that hide internal mediocrity or even incompetence.
- Real Live Preacher, Gospel Living in a Superficial World, 05-30-06
- It's been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy things if you make up your mind firmly that you will.
- L. M. Montgomery (1874 - 1942), Anne of Green Gables, 1908
- He had occasional flashes of silence, that made his conversation perfectly delightful.
- Sydney Smith (1771 - 1845), referring to Macaulay
- You can't connect the dots looking forward you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something: your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. Because believing that the dots will connect down the road will give you the confidence to follow your heart, even when it leads you off the well worn path.
- Steve Jobs (1955 - 2011), Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.