Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
The following quotations were randomly selected from the collections selected below .
- All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face with another problem.
- Martin Luther King Jr. (1929 - 1968), 'Strength to Love,' 1963
- No one can build his security upon the nobleness of another person.
- Willa Cather (1873 - 1947)
- Let not the sands of time get in your lunch.
- National Lampoon, "Deteriorata"
- She had an unequalled gift... of squeezing big mistakes into small opportunities.
- Henry James (1843 - 1916)
- Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.
- Thomas J. Watson
- He deserves Paradise who makes his companions laugh.
- Anonymous, (wrongly attributed to the Koran)
- It's noble to want to confess, but if the results are just damage and pain, that's not noble. It's selfish.
- Carol Green, House M.D., Adverse Events, 2008
- There is no silver bullet and frankly you probably donít need one. It is far more important to be able to find the right kind of gun, be able to load the gun Ö and perhaps most importantly, be able to figure out where the werewolf is.
- Matthew Oliphant, Useability Works, 03-22-2006
- All I can say about life is, Oh God, enjoy it!
- Bob Newhart (1929 - )
- No one has a finer command of language than the person who keeps his mouth shut.
- Sam Rayburn (1882 - 1961)
- The kind of beauty I want most is the hard-to-get kind that comes from within - strength, courage, dignity.
- Ruby Dee
- What does reason demand of a man? A very easy thing--to live in accord with his nature.
- Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)
- If you live to be one hundred, you've got it made. Very few people die past that age.
- George Burns (1896 - 1996)
- We think in generalities, but we live in detail.
- Alfred North Whitehead (1861 - 1947)
- It is not enough to succeed. Others must fail.
- Gore Vidal (1925 - )
- Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes (1809 - 1894)
- It had only been my repeated experience that when you said to life calmly and firmly... 'I trust you; do what you must,' life had an uncanny way of responding to your need.
- Olga Ilyin
- Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering - and it's all over much too soon.
- Woody Allen (1935 - )
- Every man, wherever he goes, is encompassed by a cloud of comforting convictions, which move with him like flies on a summer day.
- Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970), Sceptical Essays (1928), "Dreams and Facts"
- I'm a jerk to everyone. Best way to protect yourself from lawsuits.
- David Hoselton, House M.D., Guardian Angels, 2007