Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
The following quotations were randomly selected from the collections selected below .
- Let us develop the resources of our land, call forth our powers, build up its institutions, promote all its great interests, and see whether we also, in our day and generation, may not perform something worthy to be remembered.
- Daniel Webster (1782 - 1852), Address at the laying of the cornerstone of the bunker hill monument
- We stand for freedom. That is our conviction for ourselves; that is our only commitment to others.
- John F. Kennedy (1917 - 1963)
- If you are capable people are happy to play with you.
- Tina Fey, Interview from Second City, 2008
- Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
- Randy K. Milholland, Something Positive Comic, 07-03-05
- Facts are stupid things.
- Ronald Reagan (1911 - 2004)
- Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy.
- Edgar Bergen (1903 - 1978), (Charlie McCarthy)
- The bravest thing you can do when you are not brave is to profess courage and act accordingly.
- Corra Harris
- If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.
- Isaac Newton (1642 - 1727), Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675
- It's just human. We all have the jungle inside of us. We all have wants and needs and desires, strange as they may seem. If you stop to think about it, we're all pretty creative, cooking up all these fantasies. it's like a kind of poetry.
- Diane Frolov and Andrew Schneider, Northern Exposure, Mister Sandman, 1994
- Only some people get what they want. Those are the people who show up to get it.
- Dianne Houston, Take The Lead, 2006
- What is the use of a house if you haven't got a tolerable planet to put it on?
- Henry David Thoreau (1817 - 1862)
- It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
- Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
- Dressing up is inevitably a substitute for good ideas. It is no coincidence that technically inept business types are known as "suits."
- Paul Graham, September 2004
- The ability to see beauty is the beginning of our moral sensibility. What we believe is beautiful we will not wantonly destroy.
- Reverend Sean Parker Dennison, Ministrare, 2-10-05
- An author is a fool who, not content with boring those he lives with, insists on boring future generations.
- Charles de Montesquieu (1689 - 1755)
- Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparable.
- Brenda Ueland
- Noble life demands a noble architecture for noble uses of noble men. Lack of culture means what it has always meant: ignoble civilization and therefore imminent downfall.
- Frank Lloyd Wright (1869 - 1959)
- Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.
- Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)
- A single day is enough to make us a little larger.
- Paul Klee (1879 - 1940)
- I dream, therefore I become.
- Cheryl Renée Grossman