Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
The following quotations were randomly selected from the collections selected below .
- It's harder to make something good when you can't curse all the time.
- Tina Fey, Max 60 Seconds, 2008
- We should every night call ourselves to an account; What infirmity have I mastered today? What passions opposed? What temptation resisted? What virtue acquired? Our vices will abort of themselves if they be brought every day to the shrift.
- Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)
- I'd heard it all the time, 'Live in the moment.' But if I did that, I'd weigh more than a dump truck. Losing weight wasn't about the moment at all; it was about having faith in the future. It was about knowing there would be another meal in a few hours.
- Stephanie Klein, Moose, 2008
- People seldom become famous for what they say until after they are famous for what they've done.
- Cullen Hightower
- The thing to remember is that that the future comes one day at a time.
- Dean Acheson, Communication Bulletin for Managers & Supervisors, June 2004
- Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways it can change someone else's life forever.
- Margaret Cho, weblog, 03-11-04
- To do just the opposite is also a form of imitation.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg (1742 - 1799)
- A great writer reveals the truth even when he or she does not wish to.
- Tom Bissell, Truth in Oxiana, 2004
- Complain to one who can help you.
- Yugoslav Proverb
- I love stuff as much as the next guy, but Iíve come to understand that, regardless of the cost of acquiring it, the price of having it is freedom.
- Colleen Wainwright, Communicatrix, 06-23-09
- Progress is a nice word. But change is its motivator and change has its enemies.
- Robert F. Kennedy (1925 - 1968)
- Anybody who watches three games of football in a row should be declared brain dead.
- Erma Bombeck (1927 - 1996)
- This is the challenge of writing. You have to be very emotionally engaged in what youíre doing, or it comes out flat. You canít fake your way through this.
- Gordon Atkinson, RealLivePreacher.com Weblog, January 29, 2004
- In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it's the exact opposite.
- Paul Dirac (1902 - 1984)
- The most important thing in life is to see to it that you are never beaten.
- Andre Malraux (1901 - 1976)
- There is no duty we so much underrate as the duty of being happy.
- Robert Louis Stevenson (1850 - 1894)
- Live among men as if God beheld you; speak to God as if men were listening.
- Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD), Epistles
- People can have the Model T in any colour--so long as it's black.
- Henry Ford (1863 - 1947)
- If the Phone Doesn't Ring, It's Me
- Jimmy Buffett, Song Title
- Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter.
- William Ralph Inge (1860 - 1954)