Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
The following quotations were randomly selected from the collections selected below .
- Getting enough sleep can be just as important as working out.
- Ali Vincent, Believe It, Be It: How Being the Biggest Loser Won Me Back My Life, 2009
- There is no law of progress. Our future is in our own hands, to make or to mar. It will be an uphill fight to the end, and would we have it otherwise? Let no one suppose that evolution will ever exempt us from struggles. 'You forget,' said the Devil, with a chuckle, 'that I have been evolving too.'
- William Ralph Inge (1860 - 1954)
- The only joy in the world is to begin.
- Cesare Pavese (1908 - 1950)
- Forgiveness does not always lead to a healed relationship. Some people are not capable of love, and it might be wise to let them go along with your anger. Wish them well, and let them go their way.
- Gordon Atkinson, RealLivePreacher.com Weblog, July 7, 2003
- You can tell a lot about a fellow's character by his way of eating jellybeans.
- Ronald Reagan (1911 - 2004), quoted in Observer, March 29 1981
- You can't jump down the stairs in one leap, however much you might wish to, and you even more surely can't jump up it, but one step and then the next and there you are, at the top or the bottom and not a bit out of breath or discomposed.
- Elizabeth Aston, The Exploits & Adventures of Miss Alethea Darcy, 2005
- If the fans don't wanna come out to the ballpark, no one can stop 'em.
- Yogi Berra (1925 - ), as quoted by Joe Garagiola on the Jack Paar show, NBC 1963
- I look forward to an america in which commands respect throughout the world, not only for its strength, but for its civilization as well. And I look forward to a world in which we will be safe not only for democracy and diversity but also for personal distinction.
- John F. Kennedy (1917 - 1963), Speech at Amherst College, October 26, 1963
- The guy who takes a chance, who walks the line between the known and unknown, who is unafraid of failure, will succeed.
- Gordon Parks
- No one can build his security upon the nobleness of another person.
- Willa Cather (1873 - 1947)
- A cult is a religion with no political power.
- Tom Wolfe (1931 - )
- The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it.
- Ayn Rand (1905 - 1982), Atlas Shrugged, 1957
- Imagination is more important than knowledge...
- Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
- If nobody spoke unless he had something to say, the human race would very soon lose the use of speech.
- W. Somerset Maugham (1874 - 1965), The Painted Veil, 1925
- The reason lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place is that the same place isn't there the second time.
- Willie Tyler
- Humor is everywhere, in that there's irony in just about anything a human does.
- Bill Nye, Interview with Wired.com, April 2005
- Let us be grateful to people who make us happy: They are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
- Marcel Proust (1871 - 1922)
- Art has never been made while thinking of art.
- Niko Stumpo, The Wooster Collective, December 2006
- Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
- Storm Jameson
- I already knew to eat clean and listen to my body, to only eat when I was in a calm mental state. Everyone knew. But when you're fat in the head, it's never about knowing the answers. It's about living them.
- Stephanie Klein, Moose, 2008