To search for quotations, enter a phrase to search for in the quotation, a whole or partial
author name, or both. Also specify the collections to search in below. See the
Search Instructions for details.
- Martyrdom... is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950), The Devil's Disciple (1901) act 3
- Amy Carter, (President Jimmy Carter's daughter) when asked by a reporter if she had any message for the children of America
- Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat.
- Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
- Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.
- Martin Luther King Jr. (1929 - 1968), Strength to Love, 1963
- Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
- W. C. Fields (1880 - 1946)
- The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return. It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale.
- Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - )
- The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office.
- Robert Frost (1874 - 1963)
- The meek shall inherit the Earth, but not its mineral rights.
- J. Paul Getty (1892 - 1976)
- The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.
- Martin Mull (1943 - )
- You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake.
- Jeannette Rankin (1880 - 1973)
Can't find what you're looking for? Try browsing our list of quotations by subject..