Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
Quotations by Subject
- Arranging a bowl of flowers in the morning can give a sense of quiet in a crowded day - like writing a poem, or saying a prayer.
- Anne Morrow Lindbergh
- I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White (1899 - 1985)
- I have a problem about being nearly sixty: I keep waking up in the morning and thinking I'm thirty-one.
- Elizabeth Janeway, Between Myth and Morning, 1974
- Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.
- Emo Phillips
- In a real dark night of the soul it is always three o'clock in the morning, day after day.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald (1896 - 1940), "The Crack-Up" (1936)
- I feel sorry for people who do not drink. When they wake up in the morning it is as good as they are going to feel all day.
- Frank Sinatra (1915 - 1998), Quoted in The Sydney Morning Herald
- Take a two-mile walk every morning before breakfast.
- Harry S Truman (1884 - 1972)
- Never rely on the glory of the morning nor the smiles of your mother-in-law.
- Japanese Proverb
- The average, healthy, well-adjusted adult gets up at seven-thirty in the morning feeling just plain terrible.
- Jean Kerr
- On a lazy Saturday morning when you're lying in bed, drifting in and out of sleep, there is a space where fantasy and reality become one. Are you awake, or are you dreaming? You see people and things; some are familiar; some are strange. You talk, you feel, but you move without walking; you fly without wings. Your mind and your body exist, but on separate planes. Time stands still. For me, this is the feeling I have when ideas come.
- Lynn Johnston (1947 - ), Lynn on Ideas
- In the morning, when you are sluggish about getting up, let this thought be present: 'I am rising to a man's work.'
- Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (121 AD - 180 AD), Meditations
- Never face facts; if you do, you'll never get up in the morning.
- Marlo Thomas
- My future starts when I wake up every morning... Every day I find something creative to do with my life.
- Miles Davis (1926 - 1991)
- I have always felt that the moment when first you wake up in the morning is the most wonderful of the twenty-four hours.
- Monica Baldwin
- At my age the bones are water in the morning until food is given them.
- Pearl Buck (1892 - 1973)
- The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office.
- Robert Frost (1874 - 1963)
- I had a monumental idea this morning, but I didn't like it.
- Samuel Goldwyn (1882 - 1974)
- What a beautiful, sunny morning. It makes you happy to be alive, doesn't it? We can't let the sun outshine us! We have to beam, too!
- Takayuki Ikkaku, Arisa Hosaka and Toshihiro Kawabata, Animal Crossing: Wild World, 2005
- Early morning cheerfulness can be extremely obnoxious.
- William Feather (1908 - 1976)