To search for quotations, enter a phrase to search for in the quotation, a whole or partial
author name, or both. Also specify the collections to search in below. See the
Search Instructions for details.
- There is no doubt that the first requirement for a composer is to be dead.
- Arthur Honegger (1892 - 1955)
- Architecture is the art of how to waste space.
- Philip Johnson (1906 - 2005)
- Food is an important part of a balanced diet.
- Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )
- Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people from coughing.
- Sir Ralph Richardson (1902 - 1983), quoted in New York Herald Tribune, May 19, 1946
- The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935), Illiterate Digest (1924), "Breaking into the Writing Game"
- Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
- James Thurber (1894 - 1961), New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
- Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them.
- Paul Valery (1871 - 1945), Tel Quel 2 (1943)
- A compromise is the art of dividing a cake in such a way that everyone believes he has the biggest piece.
- Ludwig Erhard (1897 - 1977)
- Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
- As for me, except for an occasional heart attack, I feel as young as I ever did.
- Robert Benchley (1889 - 1945)
Can't find what you're looking for? Try browsing our list of quotations by subject..