To search for quotations, enter a phrase to search for in the quotation, a whole or partial
author name, or both. Also specify the collections to search in below. See the
Search Instructions for details.
- And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man.
- Bible, Samuel xii. 7.
- A proverb and a by-word among all people,
- Bible, Kings ix, 7.
- How long halt ye between two opinions?
- Bible, Kings xviii. 21.
- Behold, there ariseth a little cloud out of the sea, like a man's hand.
- Bible, Kings xviii. 44.
- A still, small voice.
- Bible, Kings xix. 12.
- Let not him that girdeth on his harness boast himself as he that putteth it off.
- Bible, Kings xx. 11.
- There is death in the pot.
- Bible, Kings iv. 40.
- The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.
- Bible, Job i. 21.
- There the wicked cease from troubling, and there the weary be at rest.
- Bible, Job iii. 17.
- Yet man is born unto trouble, as the sparks fly upward.
- Bible, Job v. 7.
Can't find what you're looking for? Try browsing our list of quotations by subject..