To search for quotations, enter a phrase to search for in the quotation, a whole or partial
author name, or both. Also specify the collections to search in below. See the
Search Instructions for details.
- Unstable as water, thou shalt not excel.
- Bible, Genesis xlix. 4.
- Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.
- Bible, Deuteronomy xix. 21.
- He kept him as the apple of his eye.
- Bible, Deuteronomy xxxii. 10.
- The Philistines be upon thee, Samson.
- Bible, Judges xvi. 9.
- For whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God.
- Bible, Ruth i. 16.
- A man after his own heart.
- Bible, Samuel xiii. 14.
- Tell it not in Gath; publish it not in the streets of Ashkelon
- Bible, Samuel i. 20.
- Saul and Jonathan were lovely and pleasant in their lives, and in their death they were not divided.
- Bible, Samuel i. 23.
- How are the mighty fallen in the midst of the battle!
- Bible, Samuel i. 25.
- Very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women.
- Bible, Samuel i. 26.
Can't find what you're looking for? Try browsing our list of quotations by subject..