To search for quotations, enter a phrase to search for in the quotation, a whole or partial
author name, or both. Also specify the collections to search in below. See the
Search Instructions for details.
- Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes.
- Bible, Proverbs 26:4 (NIV)
- As a man thinks in his heart, so is he.
- Bible, Proverbs 23:7
- Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
- Bible, Paul, 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
- It is not good that the man should be alone.
- Bible, Genesis ii. 18.
- For dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
- Bible, Genesis iii. 19.
- Am I my brother's keeper?
- Bible, Genesis iv. 9.
- My punishment is greater than I can bear
- Bible, Genesis iv. 13.
- Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed.
- Bible, Genesis ix. 6.
- His hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him.
- Bible, Genesis xvi. 12.
- Bring down my gray hairs with sorrow to the grave.
- Bible, Genesis xlii. 38.
Can't find what you're looking for? Try browsing our list of quotations by subject..