What if this is all there is? What if this IS paradise?
My fatalistic view of the world doesn’t allow for a post-mortem heaven, so I really feel like this life is all I’ve got. That puts a pretty heavy load on me because if this is all I’ve got, then I don’t have a bliss waiting for me after death. I’ve got to make life blissful before I die. I don’t even want to wait until retirement. I have to make life blissful now.
There are little things that make life blissful for me every day. Here’s my list:
- Receiving email from friends.
- Sending email to friends.
- Reading interesting weblogs.
- Playing video games both alone and with friends.
- Eating good food.
- Seeing pretty things, whether they’re in art, nature or serendipity.
What kinds of things make you happy? Are you doing enough of them? Remember, that paradise is exactly like where you are right now… only much, much better. You have the power to control the much, much better.