To search for quotations, enter a phrase to search for in the quotation, a whole or partial
author name, or both. Also specify the collections to search in below. See the
Search Instructions for details.
- Anyone without a sense of humor is at the mercy of everyone else.
- William Rotsler
- Humor the sons of the poor, for they give science its splendor.
- The Talmud
- Humor is a rubber sword--it allows you to make a point without drawing blood.
- Mary Hirsch
- Humor comes from self-confidence. There's an aggressive element to wit.
- Rita Mae Brown
- Humor is an almost physiological response to fear.
- Kurt Vonnegut (1922 - 2007), A Man without a Country
- You havenít achieved equality until youíre a legitimate target for humor.
- Scott Adams (1957 - ), The Dilbert Blog: Welcome to the Club, 11-20-06
- There's nothing like a gleam of humor to reassure you that a fellow human being is ticking inside a strange face.
- Eva Hoffman
- Humor is the only test of gravity, and gravity of humor; for a subject which will not bear raillery is suspicious, and a jest which will not bear serious examination is false wit.
- Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)
- Love is my Sword,
Goodness my Armor,
And Humor my Shield.
- Unknown, epitaph for a loved one
- You are not angry with people when you laugh at them. Humor teaches them tolerance.
- W. Somerset Maugham (1874 - 1965)
Can't find what you're looking for? Try browsing our list of quotations by subject..