To search for quotations, enter a phrase to search for in the quotation, a whole or partial
author name, or both. Also specify the collections to search in below. See the
Search Instructions for details.
- Iron rusts from disuse; stagnant water loses its purity and in cold weather becomes frozen; even so does inaction sap the vigor of the mind.
- Leonardo da Vinci (1452 - 1519), The Notebooks
- The great thing about a computer notebook is that no matter how much you stuff into it, it doesn't get bigger or heavier.
- Bill Gates (1955 - ), Business @ The Speed of Thought
- One's first book, kiss, home run, is always the best.
- Clifton Fadiman (1904 - 1999)
- A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world. Everyone you meet is your mirror.
- Ken Keyes Jr., Handbook of Higher Consciousness
- Envy can be a positive motivator. Let it inspire you to work harder for what you want.
- Robert Bringle, quoted in Redbook
- Hold a book in your hand and you're a pilgrim at the gates of a new city.
- Anne Michaels, Fugitive Pieces
- I cannot live without books.
- Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)
- The way to final freedom is within thy self.
- The Book of the Golden Precepts
- Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome.
- Booker T. Washington (1856 - 1915)
- We must get beyond textbooks, go out into the bypaths... and tell the world the glories of our journey.
- John Hope Franklin
Can't find what you're looking for? Try browsing our list of quotations by subject..