Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
Quotations by Author
- We don't know what we want, but we are ready to bite somebody to get it.
- Will Rogers
- Rumor travels faster, but it don't stay put as long as truth.
- Will Rogers, 'Politics Getting Ready to Jell,' The Illiterate Digest, 1924
- There is only one thing that can kill the Movies, and that is education.
- Will Rogers, Autobiography (1949) chapter 6
- The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
- Will Rogers, Illiterate Digest (1924), "Breaking into the Writing Game"
- The income tax has made more liars out of the American people than golf has.
- Will Rogers, Illiterate Digest (1924), "Helping the Girls with their Income Taxes"
- Everything is funny as long as it is happening to Somebody Else.
- Will Rogers, Illiterate Digest (1924), "Warning to Jokers: lay off the prince"
- You know everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
- Will Rogers, New York Times Aug. 31 1924
- Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save.
- Will Rogers, New York TImes, Apr. 29, 1930
- You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.
- Will Rogers, New York Times, Dec. 23, 1929
- Well, all I know is what I read in the papers.
- Will Rogers, New York Times, Sept 30 1923
- Heroing is one of the shortest-lived professions there is.
- Will Rogers, Newspaper article, Feb. 15, 1925
- I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.
- Will Rogers, quoted in Saturday Review, Aug. 25, 1962
- I bet you if I had met him [Trotsky] and had a chat with him, I would have found him a very interesting and human fellow, for I never yet met a man that I didn't like.
- Will Rogers, Saturday Evening Post, Nov. 6, 1926
- For the American people are a very generous people and will forgive almost any weakness, with the possible exception of stupidity.
- Will Rogers, The Illiterate Digest, 1924
- See what will happen if you don't stop biting your fingernails?
- Will Rogers, to his niece on seeing the Venus de Milo
- Communism is like prohibition, it's a good idea but it won't work.
- Will Rogers, Weekly Articles (1981), first published 1927
- 46 Quotations in other collections
- We have 3 book reviews related to Will Rogers.
Search for Will Rogers at Amazon.com