Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
Quotations by Subject
- The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax.
- Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955), (attributed)
- The best way to teach your kids about taxes is by eating 30% of their ice cream.
- Bill Murray (1950 - )
- He who builds a better mousetrap these days runs into material shortages, patent-infringement suits, work stoppages, collusive bidding, discount discrimination--and taxes."
- H. E. Martz
- Unquestionably, there is progress. The average American now pays out twice as much in taxes as he formerly got in wages.
- H. L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
- Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today.
- Herman Wouk (1915 - )
- The avoidance of taxes is the only intellectual pursuit that carries any reward.
- John Maynard Keynes (1883 - 1946)
- When there is an income tax, the just man will pay more and the unjust less on the same amount of income.
- Plato (427 BC - 347 BC), The Republic
- The income tax has made more liars out of the American people than golf has.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935), Illiterate Digest (1924), "Helping the Girls with their Income Taxes"