Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - July 26, 2014
- Freedom is just Chaos, with better lighting.
- Alan Dean Foster, "To the Vanishing Point"
- Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
- Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790), Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759
- How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.
- Henry David Thoreau (1817 - 1862)
- Sometimes people are layered like that. There's something totally different underneath than what's on the surface. But sometimes, there's a third, even deeper level, and that one is the same as the top surface one. Like with pie.
- Joss Whedon, Zack Whedon, Maurissa Tancharoen, and Jed Whedon, Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog, 2008
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.