Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - April 13, 2010
- All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.
- Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )
- In every American there is an air of incorrigible innocence, which seems to conceal a diabolical cunning.
- A. E. Housman (1859 - 1936)
- Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence.
- Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)
- Well, the telling of jokes is an art of its own, and it always rises from some emotional threat. The best jokes are dangerous, and dangerous because they are in some way truthful.
- Kurt Vonnegut (1922 - 2007), Interview, Mcsweeneys.net
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.