Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - February 07, 2016
- I can't think of any sorrow in the world that a hot bath wouldn't help, just a little bit.
- Susan Glaspell, The Visioning, 1911
- When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands, flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty.
- John Muir (1838 - 1914), Travels in Alaska by John Muir, 1915, chapter 1
- Out of the strain of the Doing,
Into the peace of the Done.
- Julia Louise Woodruff, 'Harvest Home,' Sunday at Home, 1910
- The first precept was never to accept a thing as true until I knew it as such without a single doubt.
- Rene Descartes (1596 - 1650), 'Le Discours de la Methode,' 1637
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.