Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - October 25, 2014
- Never bear more than one trouble at a time. Some people bear three kinds - all they have had, all they have now, and all they expect to have.
- Edward Everett Hale (1822 - 1909)
- We thought, because we had power, we had wisdom.
- Stephen Vincent Benet (1898 - 1943), Litany for Dictatorships, 1935
- Patterning your life around other's opinions is nothing more than slavery.
- Lawana Blackwell, The Dowry of Miss Lydia Clark, 1999
- Progress is the product of human agency. Things get better because we make them better. Things go wrong when we get too comfortable, when we fail to take risks or seize opportunities.
- Susan Rice, Stanford University Commencement, 2010
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.