Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - September 18, 2019
- Content thyself to be obscurely good. When vice prevails, and impious men bear sway, the post of honor is a private station.
- Joseph Addison (1672 - 1719), 'Cato'
- I know that our bodies were made to thrive only in pure air, and the scenes in which pure air is found. There is not a "fragment" in all nature, for every relative fragment of one thing is a full harmonious unit in itself.
- John Muir (1838 - 1914), A Thousand Mile Walk to the Gulf, 1916
- There isnít much better in this life than finding a way to spend a few hours in conversation with people you respect and love. You have to carve this time out of your life because you arenít really living without it.
- Gordon Atkinson, RealLivePreacher.com Weblog, August 27, 2003
- I always remember an epitaph which is in the cemetery at Tombstone, Arizona. It says: 'Here lies Jack Williams. He done his damnedest.' I think that is the greatest epitaph a man can have - When he gives everything that is in him to do the job he has before him. That is all you can ask of him and that is what I have tried to do.
- Harry S Truman (1884 - 1972)
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.