Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - January 22, 2019
- The creation of art is not the fulfillment of a need but the creation of a need. The world never needed Beethoven's Fifth Symphony until he created it. Now we could not live without it.
- Louis I Kahn
- To say the least, a town life makes one more tolerant and liberal in one's judgement of others.
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807 - 1882), Hyperion, 1839
- Let us take things as we find them: let us not attempt to distort them into what they are not. We cannot make facts. All our wishing cannot change them. We must use them.
- John Henry Cardinal Newman (1801 - 1890)
- I'm well aware when they fired the starting gun I was halfway down the track, but I still ran as fast as I could for 25 years.
- Joss Whedon, Entertainment Weekly, 08-30-13
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.