Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
Quotations by Subject
- Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.
- Marcus Aurelius
- When you relinquish the desire to control your future, you can have more happiness.
- Nicole Kidman, in The Scotsman
- Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future.
- Niels Bohr (1885 - 1962)
- The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be.
- Paul Valery (1871 - 1945)
- Long-range planning does not deal with future decisions, but with the future of present decisions.
- Peter Drucker (1909 - 2005)
- The Past is to be respected and acknoledged, but not to be worshiped. It is our future in which we will find our greatness.
- Pierre Trudeau (1919 - 2000)
- I have seen the future and it doesn't work.
- Robert Fulford
- What happens when the future has come and gone?
- Robert Half
- The world is full of people whose notion of a satisfactory future is, in fact, a return to the idealised past.
- Robertson Davies, "A Voice from the Attic", 1960
- Time is just something that we assign. You know, past, present, it's just all arbitrary. Most Native Americans, they don't think of time as linear; in time, out of time, I never have enough time, circular time, the Stevens wheel. All moments are happening all the time.
- Robin Green and Mitchell Burgess, Northern Exposure, Hello, I Love You, 1994
- If you're afraid of the future, then get out of the way, stand aside. The people of this country are ready to move again.
- Ronald Reagan (1911 - 2004)
- Enjoy present pleasures in such a way as not to injure future ones.
- Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)
- If we open a quarrel between the past and the present, we shall find that we have lost the future.
- Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)
- The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.
- Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965), Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943
- The past is certain, the future obscure.
- Thales (635 BC - 543 BC)
- I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.
- Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)
- Life wouldn't be worth living if I worried over the future as well as the present.
- W. Somerset Maugham (1874 - 1965), 'Of Human Bondage', 1915
- The future is here. It's just not widely distributed yet.
- William Gibson (1948 - )
- The future ain't what it used to be.
- Yogi Berra (1925 - )