Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
Quotations by Subject
- Oh, treacherous night! thou lendest thy ready veil to every treason, and teeming mischief's beneath thy shade.
- Aaron Hill
- Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, "Where have I gone wrong?"
Then a voice says to me, "This is going to take more than one night."
- Charles M. Schulz (1922 - 2000), Charlie Brown in "Peanuts"
- Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star.
- Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)
- Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.
- Edgar Allan Poe (1809 - 1849), "Eleonora"
- For the night was not impartial. No, the night loved some more than others, served some more than others.
- Eudora Welty (1909 - )
- Wait until it is night before saying that it has been a fine day.
- French Proverb
- You never really hear the truth from your subordinates until after 10 in the evening.
- Jurgen Schrempp, Former CEO of DaimlerChrysler
- Not being able to sleep is terrible. You have the misery of having partied all night... without the satisfaction.
- Lynn Johnston (1947 - ), For Better or For Worse, 07-22-06
- I think wholeness comes from living your life consciously during the day and then exploring your inner life or unconscious at night.
- Margery Cuyler
- Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night.
- Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982), What the Dead Men Say, 1954
- I like the night. Without the dark, we'd never see the stars.
- Stephenie Meyer, Twilight, 2005