To search for quotations, enter a phrase to search for in the quotation, a whole or partial
author name, or both. Also specify the collections to search in below. See the
Search Instructions for details.
- The Internet is like alcohol in some sense. It accentuates what you would do anyway. If you want to be a loner, you can be more alone. If you want to connect, it makes it easier to connect.
- Esther Dyson, Interview in Time Magazine, October 2005
- How hard it is, sometimes, to trust the evidence of one's senses! How reluctantly the mind consents to reality.
- Norman Douglas
- Decisions are made by people who have time, not people who have talent.
- Scott Adams (1957 - ), Dilbert, 10-26-07
- Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.
- Robert Heinlein (1907 - 1988), Time Enough For Love
- There are times when parenthood seems nothing but feeding the mouth that bites you.
- Peter De Vries
- Sentimentality is the emotional promiscuity of those who have no sentiment.
- Norman Mailer (1923 - 2007)
- Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime. Teach a man to create an artificial shortage of fish and he will eat steak.
- Jay Leno (1950 - )
- The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time.
- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)
- Lawyers spend a great deal of their time shoveling smoke.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr. (1841 - 1935)
- The reason lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place is that the same place isn't there the second time.
- Willie Tyler
Can't find what you're looking for? Try browsing our list of quotations by subject..