Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
Quotations by Author
- Bring down my gray hairs with sorrow to the grave.
- Bible, Genesis xlii. 38.
- Unstable as water, thou shalt not excel.
- Bible, Genesis xlix. 4.
- His hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him.
- Bible, Genesis xvi. 12.
- Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.
- Bible, Habakkuk ii. 2.
- Now faith is the substance of things hoped' for, the evidence of things not seen.
- Bible, Hebrews xi. 1.
- For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth.
- Bible, Hebrews xii. 6.
- Be not forgetful to entertain strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
- Bible, Hebrews xiii. 2.
- For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind.
- Bible, Hosea viii. 7.
- And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
- Bible, Isaiah 32:17
- He is brought as a lamb to the slaughter.
- Bible, Isaiah liii. 7.
- A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation.
- Bible, Isaiah lx. 22.
- To give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness.
- Bible, Isaiah lxi. 3.
- We all do fade as a leaf.
- Bible, Isaiah lxiv. 6.
- The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid.
- Bible, Isaiah xi. 6.
- Behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the balance.
- Bible, Isaiah xl. 15.
- All flesh is grass.
- Bible, Isaiah xl. 6.
- A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench.
- Bible, Isaiah xlii. 3.
- Precept upon precept; line upon line: here a little, and there a little.
- Bible, Isaiah xxviii. 10.
- Set thine house in order.
- Bible, Isaiah xxxviii. 1.
- For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: for he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
- Bible, James 1: 23-24
- Blessed is the man that endureth temptation for when he is tried he shall receive the crown of life.
- Bible, James i. 12.
- Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
- Bible, James iii. P
- Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
- Bible, James iv. 7.
- Amend your ways and your doings.
- Bible, Jeremiah vii. 3.
- Is there no balm in Gilead? is there no physician there?
- Bible, Jeremiah viii. 22.
- Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots?
- Bible, Jeremiah xiii. 23.
- The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.
- Bible, Job i. 21.
- There the wicked cease from troubling, and there the weary be at rest.
- Bible, Job iii. 17.
- Yet man is born unto trouble, as the sparks fly upward.
- Bible, Job v. 7.
- I know that my Redeemer liveth.
- Bible, Job xix. 25.