Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
Quotations by Author
- Every man's work shall be made manifest.
- Bible, 1 Corinthians iii. 13.
- I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
- Bible, 1 Corinthians iii. 6.
- I am made all things to all men.
- Bible, 1 Corinthians ix. 22.
- Absent in body, but present in spirit.
- Bible, 1 Corinthians v. 3.
- Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
- Bible, 1 Corinthians v. 6.
- For the fashion of this world passeth away,
- Bible, 1 Corinthians vii. 31.
- Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
- Bible, 1 Corinthians x. 12.
- As sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
- Bible, 1 Corinthians xiii. 1.
- When I was a child I spake as a child.
- Bible, 1 Corinthians xiii. 11.
- For now we see through a glass, darkly.
- Bible, 1 Corinthians xiii. 12.
- Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
- Bible, 1 Corinthians xv. 33.
- The first man is of the earth, earthy.
- Bible, 1 Corinthians xv. 47.
- O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
- Bible, 1 Corinthians xv. 55.
- There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear.
- Bible, 1 John iv. 18.
- Charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
- Bible, 1 Peter iv. 8.
- Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour.
- Bible, 1 Peter v. 8.
- Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labor of love.
- Bible, 1 Thessalonians i. 3.
- For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
- Bible, 1 Timothy 6:10
- Not greedy of filthy lucre.
- Bible, 1 Timothy iii. 3,
- The laborer is worthy of his reward.
- Bible, 1 Timothy v. 18.
- Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake.
- Bible, 1 Timothy v. 23.
- We walk by faith, not by sight.
- Bible, 2 Corinthians v. 7.
- Behold, now is the accepted time,
- Bible, 2 Corinthians vi. 2.
- By evil report and good report.
- Bible, 2 Corinthians vi. 8.
- But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night.
- Bible, 2 Peter iii. 10.
- I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.
- Bible, 2 Timothy iv. 7.
- It is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
- Bible, Acts ix. 5.
- It is more blessed to give than to receive.
- Bible, Acts xx. 35.
- Touch not; taste not; handle not.
- Bible, Colossians ii. 21.
- Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting.
- Bible, Daniel v. 27.