Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
Quotations by Author
- Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake.
- Bible, 1 Timothy v. 23.
- We walk by faith, not by sight.
- Bible, 2 Corinthians v. 7.
- Behold, now is the accepted time,
- Bible, 2 Corinthians vi. 2.
- By evil report and good report.
- Bible, 2 Corinthians vi. 8.
- But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night.
- Bible, 2 Peter iii. 10.
- I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.
- Bible, 2 Timothy iv. 7.
- It is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
- Bible, Acts ix. 5.
- It is more blessed to give than to receive.
- Bible, Acts xx. 35.
- Touch not; taste not; handle not.
- Bible, Colossians ii. 21.
- Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting.
- Bible, Daniel v. 27.
- The thing is true, according to the law of the Medes and Persians, which altereth not.
- Bible, Daniel vi. 12.
- Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.
- Bible, Deuteronomy xix. 21.
- He kept him as the apple of his eye.
- Bible, Deuteronomy xxxii. 10.
- All is vanity and vexation of spirit.
- Bible, Ecclesiastes i. 14.
- There is no new thing under the sun.
- Bible, Ecclesiastes i. 9.
- Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might.
- Bible, Ecclesiastes ix. 10.
- The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong.
- Bible, Ecclesiastes ix. 11.
- For a living dog is better than a dead lion,
- Bible, Ecclesiastes ix. 4.
- The sleep of a laboring man is sweet.
- Bible, Ecclesiastes v. 12.
- Be not righteous overmuch
- Bible, Ecclesiastes vii. 16.