Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - July 06, 2019
- If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right.
- Mary Kay Ash
- So much is a man worth as he esteems himself.
- Francois Rabelais (1494 - 1553), 1532
- It's innocence when it charms us, ignorance when it doesn't.
- Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook
- It is very difficult to know people and I don't think one can ever really know any but one's own countrymen. For men and women are not only themselves; they are also the region in which they are born, the city apartment or the farm in which they learnt to walk, the games they played as children, the old wives' tales they overheard, the food they ate, the schools they attended, the sports they followed, the poets they read, and the God they believed in. It is all these things that have made them what they are, and these are the things that you can't come to know by hearsay, you can only know them if you have lived them.
- W. Somerset Maugham (1874 - 1965), The Razor's Edge, 1943
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.