Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
Quotations by Subject
- When all is said and done, the weather and love are the two elements about which one can never be sure.
- Alice Hoffman, 'Here on Earth'
- Barometer, n.: An ingenious instrument which indicates what kind of weather we are having.
- Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914), The Devil's Dictionary
- Time for the weather report. It's cold out folks. Bonecrushing cold. The kind of cold which will wrench the spirit out of a young man, or forge it into steel.
- Diane Frolov and Andrew Schneider, Northern Exposure, Lost and Found, 1992
- Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.
- George Carlin (1937 - 2008)
- Isn't it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists?
- Kelvin Throop III
- Don't knock the weather. If it didn't change once in a while, nine out of ten people couldn't start a conversation.
- Kin Hubbard (1868 - 1930)
- No matter how rich you become, how famous or powerful, when you die the size of your funeral will still pretty much depend on the weather.
- Michael Pritchard
- Money is the opposite of the weather. Nobody talks about it, but everybody does something about it.
- Rebecca Johnson, in 'Vogue'