Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
Quotations by Subject
- To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost.
- Gustave Flaubert (1821 - 1880)
- Manifest plainness,
Have few desires.
- Lao-tzu (604 BC - 531 BC), The Way of Lao-tzu
- Forgiveness is almost a selfish act because of its immense benefits to the one who forgives.
- Lawana Blackwell, The Dowry of Miss Lydia Clark, 1999
- Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
- Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)
- Glory built on selfish principles is shame and guilt.
- William Cowper (1731 - 1800)