Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
Quotations by Subject
- We started off trying to set up a small anarchist community, but people wouldn't obey the rules.
- Alan Bennett, Getting On (1972)
- It's not enough to create magic. You have to create a price for magic, too. You have to create rules.
- Eric A. Burns, Gossamer Commons, 06-15-05
- The golden rule is that there are no golden rules.
- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950), Man and Superman (1903) "Maxims for Revolutionists"
- One of the best rules in conversation is, never to say a thing which any of the company can reasonably wish had been left unsaid.
- Jonathan Swift (1667 - 1745)
- It is much easier to break the rules when one s surrounded by strangers. One does not know any of them, so one cannot really care for their opinion.
- Monica Fairview, Darcy Cousins, 2010
- Play by the rules, but be ferocious.
- Phil Knight, founder of Nike
- Rules are just helpful guidelines for stupid people who can't make up their own minds.
- Seth Hoffman, House M.D., 2010
- Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.
- Steve Jobs (1955 - 2011)
- Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something.
- Thomas A. Edison (1847 - 1931)
- There are three rules for writing the novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
- W. Somerset Maugham (1874 - 1965)