Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
Quotations by Subject
- Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it. Plan more than you can do, then do it.
- A goal without a plan is just a wish.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900 - 1944)
- Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood...Make big plans, aim high in hope and work.
- Daniel H. Burnham (1846 - 1912)
- In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890 - 1969)
- A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.
- George S. Patton (1885 - 1945)
- Zeus does not bring all men's plans to fulfillment.
- Homer (800 BC - 700 BC), The Iliad
- We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
- Joseph Campbell (1904 - 1987)
- Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action.
- Napoleon Hill
- Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work.
- Peter Drucker (1909 - 2005)
- It is a bad plan that admits of no modification.
- Publilius Syrus (~100 BC), Maxims
- Self-control is not a problem in the future. It's only a problem NOW when the chocolates is next to us.
- Shlomo Bernartzi, TED Talk: Saving for tomorrow, tomorrow, November 2011
- Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless.
- Thomas A. Edison (1847 - 1931)
- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.
- Thomas Paine (1737 - 1809)
- He who every morning plans the transaction of the day and follows out that plan, carries a thread that will guide him through the maze of the most busy life. But where no plan is laid, where the disposal of time is surrendered merely to the chance of incidence, chaos will soon reign.
- Victor Hugo (1802 - 1885)