Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
Quotations by Subject
- Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves.
- Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996), Cosmos (Blues for a Red Planet)
- When dealing with people, let us remember we are not dealing with creatures of logic. We are dealing with creatures of emotion, creatures bustling with prejudices and motivated by pride and vanity.
- Dale Carnegie
- When a man is not amused, he feels an involuntary contempt for those who are.
- Edward Bulwer-Lytton (1803 - 1873)
- If you want to make people weep, you must weep yourself. If you want to make people laugh, your face must remain serious.
- Giovanni Jacopo Casanova
- The sign of an intelligent people is their ability to control emotions by the application of reason.
- Marya Mannes
- Feelings are really your GPS system for life. When your supposed to do something, or not supposed to do something, your emotional guidance system lets you know.
- Oprah Winfrey (1954 - ), Stanford Commencement Adress, 2008
- The advantage of the emotions is that they lead us astray, and the advantage of science is that it is not emotional.
- Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891
- Cherish your own emotions and never undervalue them.
- Robert Henri (1865 - 1929)
- When you're eighteen your emotions are violent, but they're not durable.
- W. Somerset Maugham (1874 - 1965), The Razor's Edge, 1943