Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
To search for quotations, enter a phrase to search for in the quotation, a whole or partial
author name, or both. Also specify the collections to search in below. See the
Search Instructions for details.
- The IRS spends God knows how much of your tax money on these toll-free information hot lines staffed by IRS employees, whose idea of a dynamite tax tip is that you should print neatly. If you ask them a real tax question, such as how you can cheat, they're useless. So, for guidance, you want to look to big business. Big business never pays a nickel in taxes, according to Ralph Nader, who represents a big consumer organization that never pays a nickel in taxes...
- Dave Barry (1947 - ), "Sweating Out Taxes"
- Bisonburger from the herd that appeared in 'Dances With Wolves.'
- On the menu at Al's Oasis in Oacama, South Dakota
- Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when called upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason.
- Orson Welles (1915 - 1985)
- If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance.
- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)
- Everybody should be able to make some music...That's the cosmic dance!
- Maude (Ruth Gordon), from the movie "Harold & Maude"
- Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when he is called upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason.
- Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)
- The avoidance of taxes is the only pursuit that carries any reward.
- John Maynard Keynes (1883 - 1946)
- In accordance with our principles of free enterprise and healthy competition, I'm going to ask you two to fight to the death for it.
- Monty Python
- Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not; and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
- Henry David Thoreau (1817 - 1862), "Walden," the Conclusion
- America has begun a spiritual reawakening. Faith and hope are being restored. Americans are turning back to God. Church attendance is up. Audiences for religious books and broadcasts are growing. And I do believe that he has begun to heal our blessed land.
- President Ronald Reagan, to the National Association of Evangelicals, Columbus, Ohio
Can't find what you're looking for? Try browsing our list of quotations by subject..