Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
Quotations by Author
- The world must be made safe for democracy. Its peace must be planted upon the tested foundations of political liberty.
- Woodrow Wilson, Speech to Congress, Apr. 2, 1917
- America is not a mere body of traders; it is a body of free men. Our greatness-built upon freedom-is moral, not material. we have a great ardor for gain; but we have a deep passion for the rights of man.
- Woodrow Wilson, Speech, New York, December 6, 1911
- Liberty has never come from the government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of it. The history of liberty is the history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of governmental power, not the increase of it.
- Woodrow Wilson, Speech, New York, September 9, 1912
- 17 Quotations in other collections
Search for Woodrow Wilson at Amazon.com