Quotations by Author
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832) |
German dramatist, novelist, poet, & scientist [more author details]
- Whenever I hear people talking about "liberal ideas," I am always astounded that men should love to fool themselves with empty sounds. An idea should never be liberal; it must be vigorous, positive, and without loose ends so that it may fulfill its divine mission and be productive. The proper place for liberality is in the realm of the emotions.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- There is no better deliverance from the world than through art; and a man can form no surer bond with it than through art.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Elective Affinities
- As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Faust
- 48 Quotations in other collections
Search for Johann Wolfgang von Goethe at Amazon.com