Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - April 18, 2014
- That's what college is for - getting as many bad decisions as possible out of the way before you're forced into the real world. I keep a checklist of 'em on the wall in my room.
- Jeph Jacques, Questionable Content, 01-04-07
- I bought a cactus. A week later it died. And I got depressed, because I thought, Damn. I am less nurturing than a desert.
- Demetri Martin, New York Magazine, October 3, 2005
- A husband is like a fire, he goes out when unattended.
- Evan Esar (1899 - 1995)
- Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.
- H. L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.