Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - February 17, 2018
- The great tragedy of Science - the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact.
- Thomas H. Huxley (1825 - 1895)
- I'm seventeen and I'm crazy. My uncle says the two always go together. When people ask your age, he said, always say seventeen and insane.
- Ray Bradbury (1920 - ), Fahrenheit 451, 1953
- It is only possible to live happily ever after on a day-to-day basis.
- Margaret Bonnano
- I keep the subject of my inquiry constantly before me, and wait till the first dawning opens gradually, by little and little, into a full and clear light.
- Isaac Newton (1642 - 1727)
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.