Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - June 19, 2018
- I loathe the expression "What makes him tick." It is the American mind, looking for simple and singular solution, that uses the foolish expression. A person not only ticks, he also chimes and strikes the hour, falls and breaks and has to be put together again, and sometimes stops like an electric clock in a thunderstorm.
- James Thurber (1894 - 1961)
- I'm still an atheist, thank God.
- Luis Bunuel (1900 - 1983)
- The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come.
- Peter Ustinov (1921 - 2004)
- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.
- Margaret Thatcher (1925 - ), in Observer April 4, 1989
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.