Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
The following quotations were randomly selected from the collections selected below .
- Your child canít hurt you if you donít accept the hurt. Let it go.
- Julie A., M.A. Ross and Judy Corcoran, Joint Custody with a Jerk: Raising a Child with an Uncooperative Ex, 2011
- We are prisoners of ideas.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)
- While one should always study the method of a great artist, one should never imitate his manner. The manner of an artist is essentially individual, the method of an artist is absolutely universal. The first is personality, which no one should copy; the second is perfection, which all should aim at.
- Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)
- Animation can explain whatever the mind of man can conceive.
- Walt Disney (1901 - 1966)
- Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
- Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865)
- The only obligation to which in advance we may hold a novel, without incurring the accusation of being arbitrary, is that it be interesting.
- Henry James (1843 - 1916)
- Poetry is the deification of reality.
- Edith Sitwell (1887 - 1964), Life magazine, 01-04-63
- Life-transforming ideas have always come to me through books.
- Bell Hooks, O Magazine, December 2003
- A man's mother is his misfortune, but his wife is his fault.
- Walter Bagehot (1826 - 1877)
- I can't complain, but sometimes I still do.
- Joe Walsh