Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
The following quotations were randomly selected from the collections selected below .
- Feel the fear and do it anyway.
- Susan Jeffers, Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway, 1988
- Slowness to change usually means fear of the new.
- Philip Crosby, Reflections on Quality
- To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today.
- Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)
- For when the One Great Scorer comes
To write against your name,
He marks-not that you won or lost-
But how you played the game.
- Grantland Rice, "Alumunus Football," Only the Brave and Other Poems, p. 144 (1941)
- Grant us a brief delay; impulse in everything is but a worthless servant.
- Caecilius Statius (220 BC - 168 BC)
- Pleasure is a by-product of doing something that is worth doing. Therefore, do not seek pleasure as such. Pleasure comes of seeking something else, and comes by the way.
- A. Lawrence Lowell (1856 - 1943)
- They devoted the city to the lord and destroyed with the sword every living thing in it - men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys.
- The Book of Joshua 6:21
- Older men declare war. But it is youth that must fight and die. And it is youth who must inherit the tribulation, the sorrow, and the triumphs that are aftermath of war.
- Herbert Hoover (1874 - 1964)
- Basic research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing.
- Wernher von Braun (1912 - 1977)
- The future is uncertain... but this uncertainty is at the very heart of human creativity.
- Ilya Prigogine (1917 - )