Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
The following quotations were randomly selected from the collections selected below .
- I am one of those who believe that spiritual progress is a rule of human life, but the approach to perfection is slow and painful. If a woman elevates herself in one respect and is retarded in another, it is because the rough trail that leads to the mountain peak is not free of ambushes of thieves and lairs of wolves.
- Kahlil Gibran (1883 - 1931), The Broken Wings
- The Daleks (Doctor Who)
- Every thought is new when an author expresses it in a manner peculiar to himself.
- Marquis de Vauvenargues
- I am so beautiful, sometimes people weep when they see me. And it has nothing to do with what I look like really, it is just that I gave myself the power to say that I am beautiful, and if I could do that, maybe there is hope for them too. And the great divide between the beautiful and the ugly will cease to be. Because we are all what we choose.
- Margaret Cho, Margaret Cho\'s weblog, 03-23-06
- Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?
- Ernest Gaines
- A man always has two reasons for what he does-a good one and the real one.
- J. Pierpont Morgan
- If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.
- Henry David Thoreau (1817 - 1862)
- You've done a nice job decorating the White House.
- Jessica Simpson (1980 - ), Upon being introduced to Interior Secretary Gale Norton
- One can survive everything, nowadays, except death, and live down everything except a good reputation.
- Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)
- Books have the same enemies as people: fire, humidity, animals, weather, and their own content.
- Paul Valery (1871 - 1945)