The following quotations were randomly selected from the collections selected below .
- It's so much easier to pray for a bore than to go and see one.
- C. S. Lewis (1898 - 1963)
- I found one day in school a boy of medium size ill- treating a smaller boy. I expostulated, but he replied: íThe bigs hit me, so I hit the babies; thatís fair.í In these words he epitomized the history of the human race.
- Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970), (Education and the Social Order [London: Allen & Unwin, 1932])
- Our knowledge is the amassed thought and experience of innumerable minds.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)
- The opinions that are held with passion are always those for which no good ground exists; indeed the passion is the measure of the holders lack of rational conviction. Opinions in politics and religion are almost always held passionately.
- Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970), Sceptical Essays, 1961
- A family is a family not because of gender but because of values, like commitment, trust and love.
- Gray Davis
- Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about.
- Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)
- Lawyers are the only persons in whom ignorance of the law is not punished.
- Jeremy Bentham (1748 - 1832)
- Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared.
- Eddie Rickenbacker (1890 - 1973)
- A house that does not have one worn, comfy chair in it is soulless.
- May Sarton
- You cannot stand anywhere in the universe that is outside of yourself.
- Deepak Chopra