Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
The following quotations were randomly selected from the collections selected below .
- Golf isn't a game, it's a choice that one makes with one's life.
- Charles Rosin, Northern Exposure, Aurora Borealis, 1990
- UNIVERSALIST, n. One who forgoes the advantage of a Hell for persons of another faith.
- Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914), The Devil's Dictionary
- Of all my accomplishments I may have achieved during the war, I am proudest of the fact that I never lost a wingman.
- Col Erich ' Bubi' Hartmann (world's leading ace with 352 victories in WWII), translated from book "Holt Hartmann vom Himmel"
- It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year.
- Truman Capote (1924 - 1984)
- My home is not a place, it is people.
- Lois McMaster Bujold, "Barrayar", 1991
- Do you know what friendship is... it is to be brother and sister; two souls which touch without mingling, two fingers on one hand.
- Victor Hugo (1802 - 1885), The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Chapter 13
- It would be naive to think that the problems plaguing mankind today can be solved with means and methods which were applied or seemed to work in the past. . .
- Mikhail Gorbachev, (1988)
- I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure.
- Clarence Darrow (1857 - 1938), Medley
- A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.
- Bible, Proverbs 15:1 (KJV)
- The public interest is best served by the free exchange of ideas.
- Judge John Kane, US District Court