Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
The following quotations were randomly selected from the collections selected below .
- As I was walking up the stair
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today.
I wish, I wish he'd stay away.
- Hughes Mearns
- For that which is born death is certain, and for the dead birth is certain. Therefore grieve not over that which is unavoidable.
- Bhagavad Gita (250 BC - 250 AD)
- The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.
- Vidal Sassoon
- Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.
- Frank Leahy
- Your soul is oftentimes a battlefield, upon which your reason and your judgment wage war against passion and your appetite.
- Kahlil Gibran (1883 - 1931), The Prophet
- How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd;
- Alexander Pope (1688 - 1744), "Eloisa to Abelard"
- Forgiveness is almost a selfish act because of its immense benefits to the one who forgives.
- Lawana Blackwell, The Dowry of Miss Lydia Clark, 1999
- Experience shows that success is due less to ability that to zeal. The winner is he who gives himself to his work, body and soul.
- Charles Buxton
- To flatter and follow others, without being flattered and followed in turn, is but a state of half enjoyment.
- Jane Austen (1775 - 1817), Persuasion, 1818
- There is no compulsion in religion.
- Quran, Quran 2:56