Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
Quotations by Author
- Heroing is one of the shortest-lived professions there is.
- Will Rogers, Newspaper article, Feb. 15, 1925
- I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.
- Will Rogers, quoted in Saturday Review, Aug. 25, 1962
- I bet you if I had met him [Trotsky] and had a chat with him, I would have found him a very interesting and human fellow, for I never yet met a man that I didn't like.
- Will Rogers, Saturday Evening Post, Nov. 6, 1926
- For the American people are a very generous people and will forgive almost any weakness, with the possible exception of stupidity.
- Will Rogers, The Illiterate Digest, 1924
- See what will happen if you don't stop biting your fingernails?
- Will Rogers, to his niece on seeing the Venus de Milo
- Communism is like prohibition, it's a good idea but it won't work.
- Will Rogers, Weekly Articles (1981), first published 1927
- 46 Quotations in other collections
- We have 3 book reviews related to Will Rogers.
Search for Will Rogers at Amazon.com