Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
Quotations by Author
- Miserable comforters are ye all.
- Bible, Job xvi. 2.
- I was eyes to the blind, and feet was I to the lame.
- Bible, Job xxix. 15.
- The price of wisdom is above-rubies.
- Bible, Job xxviii. 18.
- That mine adversary had written a book.
- Bible, Job xxxi. 35.
- Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further; and here shall thy proud waves be stayed.
- Bible, Job xxxviii. 11.
- Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
- Bible, John 8:32
- Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world!
- Bible, John i. 29.
- Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth?
- Bible, John i. 46.
- Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
- Bible, John iii. 3.
- The wind bloweth where it listeth.
- Bible, John iii. 8.
- He was a burning and a shining light.
- Bible, John v. 35.
- Gather up the fragments that remain, that nothing be lost.
- Bible, John vi. 12.
- Judge not according to the appearance.
- Bible, John vii. 24.
- Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you.
- Bible, John xii, 35.
- For the poor always ye have with you.
- Bible, John xii. 8.
- Let not your heart be troubled.
- Bible, John xiv. 1.
- In my Father's house are many mansions.
- Bible, John xiv. 2.
- Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
- Bible, John xv. 13.
- The Philistines be upon thee, Samson.
- Bible, Judges xvi. 9.
- There is death in the pot.
- Bible, Kings iv. 40.
- A proverb and a by-word among all people,
- Bible, Kings ix, 7.
- A still, small voice.
- Bible, Kings xix. 12.
- How long halt ye between two opinions?
- Bible, Kings xviii. 21.
- Behold, there ariseth a little cloud out of the sea, like a man's hand.
- Bible, Kings xviii. 44.
- Let not him that girdeth on his harness boast himself as he that putteth it off.
- Bible, Kings xx. 11.
- And now also the ax is laid unto the root of the trees.
- Bible, Luke iii. 9.
- Physician, heal thyself.
- Bible, Luke iv. 23.
- Go, and do thou likewise.
- Bible, Luke x. 37.
- But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.
- Bible, Luke x. 42.
- He that is not with me is against me.
- Bible, Luke xi. 23.