Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
Quotations by Author
- He will laugh thee to scorn.
- Bible, Ecelesiasticus xiii. 7.
- Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath.
- Bible, Ephesians iv. 26.
- The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge.
- Bible, Ezekiel xviii. 2.
- For every man shall bear his own burden,
- Bible, Galatians vi. 5.
- Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
- Bible, Galatians vi. 7.
- It is not good that the man should be alone.
- Bible, Genesis ii. 18.
- For dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
- Bible, Genesis iii. 19.
- My punishment is greater than I can bear
- Bible, Genesis iv. 13.
- Am I my brother's keeper?
- Bible, Genesis iv. 9.
- Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed.
- Bible, Genesis ix. 6.
- Bring down my gray hairs with sorrow to the grave.
- Bible, Genesis xlii. 38.
- Unstable as water, thou shalt not excel.
- Bible, Genesis xlix. 4.
- His hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him.
- Bible, Genesis xvi. 12.
- Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.
- Bible, Habakkuk ii. 2.
- Now faith is the substance of things hoped' for, the evidence of things not seen.
- Bible, Hebrews xi. 1.
- For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth.
- Bible, Hebrews xii. 6.
- Be not forgetful to entertain strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
- Bible, Hebrews xiii. 2.
- For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind.
- Bible, Hosea viii. 7.
- And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
- Bible, Isaiah 32:17
- He is brought as a lamb to the slaughter.
- Bible, Isaiah liii. 7.
Showing quotations 51 to 70 of 232 total.