Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - July 11, 2019
- I've done the calculation and your chances of winning the lottery are identical whether you play or not.
- Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )
- It may be that the old astrologers had the truth exactly reversed, when they believed that the stars controlled the destinies of men. The time may come when men control the destinies of stars.
- Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - ), First on the Moon, 1970
- Humor is everywhere, in that there's irony in just about anything a human does.
- Bill Nye, Interview with Wired.com, April 2005
- Mothers may still want their sons to grow up to be President, but according to a famous Gallup poll of some years ago, some 73 percent do not want them to become politicians in the process.
- John F. Kennedy (1917 - 1963), Profiles in Courage, 1956
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.