Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - October 18, 2017
- It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
- Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)
- No human thing is of serious importance.
- Plato (427 BC - 347 BC)
- The only really good place to buy lumber is at a store where the lumber has already been cut and attached together in the form of furniture, finished, and put inside boxes.
- Dave Barry (1947 - ), "The Taming of the Screw"
- I never guess. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (1859 - 1930), The Sign of Four, A Scandal in Bohemia
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.