Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - April 04, 2014
- The great thing about television is that if something important happens anywhere in the world, day or night, you can always change the channel.
- From "Taxi"
- Democracy means that anyone can grow up to be president, and anyone who doesn't grow up can be vice president.
- Johnny Carson (1925 - 2005)
- The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
- Alfred Hitchcock (1899 - 1980), In Simon Rose, Classic Film Guide (1995)
- The effort to understand the universe is one of the very few things that lifts human life a little above the level of farce, and gives it some of the grace of tragedy.
- Steven Weinberg (1933 - )
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.