Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - May 17, 2013
- I'm never going to be famous. My name will never be writ large on the roster of Those Who Do Things. I don't do any thing. Not one single thing. I used to bite my nails, but I don't even do that any more.
- Dorothy Parker (1893 - 1967), Here Lies (1939), "The Little Hours"
- Imagine what it would be like if TV actually were good. It would be the end of everything we know.
- Marvin Minsky
- University politics are vicious precisely because the stakes are so small.
- Henry Kissinger (1923 - )
- Ah! Memory impairment: the free prize at the bottom of every vodka bottle!
- Chuck Lorre, Steven Molaro and Eric Kaplan, Big Bang Theory, The Agreement Dissection, 2011
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.