Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - April 03, 2013
- A citizen of America will cross the ocean to fight for democracy, but won't cross the street to vote in a national election.
- Bill Vaughan
- I never did give them hell. I just told the truth, and they thought it was hell.
- Harry S Truman (1884 - 1972), in Look, Apr. 3, 1956
- If scientific reasoning were limited to the logical processes of arithmetic, we should not get very far in our understanding of the physical world. One might as well attempt to grasp the game of poker entirely by the use of the mathematics of probability.
- Vannevar Bush (1890 - 1974)
- A person is always startled when he hears himself seriously called an old man for the first time.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes (1809 - 1894)
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.