Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - December 17, 2012
- It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world every day always just exactly fits the newspaper.
- Jerry Seinfeld (1954 - )
- If one morning I walked on top of the water across the Potomac River, the headline that afternoon would read "President Can't Swim".
- Lyndon B. Johnson (1908 - 1973)
- The Internet is like alcohol in some sense. It accentuates what you would do anyway. If you want to be a loner, you can be more alone. If you want to connect, it makes it easier to connect.
- Esther Dyson, Interview in Time Magazine, October 2005
- There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.
- Voltaire (1694 - 1778), Dialogue, XIV, "Le Chapon et la Poularde" (1766)
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.