Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - December 09, 2012
- I stopped believing in Santa Claus when my mother took me to see him in a department store, and he asked for my autograph.
- Shirley Temple (1928 - )
- A child becomes an adult when he realizes that he has a right not only to be right but also to be wrong.
- Thomas Szasz, The Second Sin (1973) "Childhood"
- Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment.
- Rita Mae Brown
- You have to surrender to the fact that you are of too many in a highly competitive field where it is difficult to stand out. Over time, through your work, you will demonstrate who you are and what you bring to the field. Just stay with it and keep working.
- Lisa Kudrow, Vasser Commencement Address, 2010
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.