Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - October 23, 2012
- There is no doubt that the first requirement for a composer is to be dead.
- Arthur Honegger (1892 - 1955)
- Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but the thing dies in the process and the innards are discouraging to any but the pure scientific mind.
- E. B. White (1899 - 1985), Some Remarks on Humor, introduction
- You are not superior just because you see the world in an odious light.
- Vicomte de Chateaubriand (1768 - 1848)
- Stuffed deer heads on walls are bad enough, but it's worse when they are wearing dark glasses and have streamers in their antlers because then you know they were enjoying themselves at a party when they were shot.
- Ellen DeGeneres
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.