Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - September 30, 2012
- Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769 - 1821)
- The worst moment for the atheist is when he is really thankful and has nobody to thank.
- Dante Gabriel Rossetti (1828 - 1882)
- Technology adds nothing to art. Two thousand years ago, I could tell you a story, and at any point during the story I could stop, and ask, Now do you want the hero to be kidnapped, or not? But that would, of course, have ruined the story. Part of the experience of being entertained is sitting back and plugging into someone else's vision.
- Penn Jillette (1955 - ), Interview in WIRED magazine, 1993
- We always felt as if every show was the most important thing in the world, but knew if we bombed, we'd live.
- Raymond Joseph Teller, Fury Letter written to Brian Brushwood, 10-18-93
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.