Quotes of the Day
Selected from Michael Moncur's Collection of Quotations - March 05, 2012
- To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.
- Thomas A. Edison (1847 - 1931)
- I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there.
- Richard Feynman (1918 - 1988), Letter to Armando Garcia J, December 11, 1985
- There are lots of ways of being miserable, but there's only one way of being comfortable, and that is to stop running round after happiness. If you make up your mind not to be happy there's no reason why you shouldn't have a fairly good time.
- Edith Wharton (1862 - 1937), The Last Asset, 1904
- Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true.
- Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970), Mysticism and Logic (1917) ch. 4
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from my collection by an
automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.