Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - October 17, 2017
- Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity.
- Louis Pasteur (1822 - 1895)
- Determine never to be idle...It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing.
- Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)
- Fresh beauty opens one's eyes wherever it is really seen, but the very abundance and completeness of the common beauty that besets our steps prevents its being absorbed and appreciated. It is a good thing, therefore, to make short excursions now and then to the bottom of the sea among dulse and coral, or up among the clouds on mountain-tops, or in balloons, or even to creep like worms into dark holes and caverns underground, not only to learn something of what is going on in those out-of-the-way places, but to see better what the sun sees on our return to common everyday beauty.
- John Muir (1838 - 1914), My First Summer in the Sierra, 1911
- How his death hung over that house. It’s part of what I know to be true—your absence is greater than your presence.
- Michael Hainey, After Visiting Friends: A Son's Story, 2013
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.